Central Directorate of State Forests
Staromestská 6, Bratislava
Kramár Eugen, Lukačovič Štefan
Over the course of its existence, this five-storey building has served a variety of public institutions, though its original use was for management of state forests. In addition to offices, the building contained flats for employees. Later, it was used as a school for Communist Party officials and then as a nursing school. The defining feature of this otherwise standard administrative block is the massive facade grid of the slightly overhanging four upper floors. The regular fenestration, with wood panelling in the interstices and parapet, is sharply framed with outlines of coarse-dressed stone. Even though the building is typical of the immediate postwar years and their return to principles of the Modernism of the earlier decades, the construction of the facade anticipates the mass-produced construction methods later to come into much greater use.
KUSÝ, Martin: Architektúra na Slovensku 1945 – 1975. Bratislava, Pallas 1976. 286 s., tu s. 58.
Architektonické dielo Eugena Kramára. Katalóg výstavy. Bratislava, SAS 1991.
DULLA, Matúš – MORAVČÍKOVÁ, Henrieta: Architektúra Slovenska v 20. storočí. Bratislava, Slovart 2002. 512 s., tu s. 414.
End of content