Ceremonial and conference halls of district administration
Tomášikova 20, Bratislava
Gebauer Tibor, Titl Ľubomír
One of the first completed buildings of the planned center of the Ružinov district, belonged to the supreme works of postwar modernism in Slovakia. The core of the object was formed by a series of assembly and banquet halls. On the ground floor it was a meeting room with a capacity of 150 visitors and a wedding hall with amphitheater seating (80 seats), its own entrance and entrance hall. Upstairs, above the meeting room and the wedding hall, there is a main hall with a capacity of 300 seats. The architects also formally defined this functional unit with solid walls cladded with black marble and sloping roof, which protrudes above the flat roof of the building with foyer and facilities. The skeleton structure of the building with the slight columns enabled the open plan layout of the interiors. The overall airiness and contrasting sound of the solid part of assembly and banquet halls with open entrance areas was complemented by a fully glazed entrance facade, set in the frame of perimeter walls and ceiling structures.
GEBAUER, F. – ROKOŠNÝ, Anton – TITL, Ľubomír: ObNV Ružinov. Projekt 15, 1973, 2, s. 18 – 21.
ObNV Ružinov – Bratislava. Architektura ČSR 32, 1973, 2, s. 80 – 81.
KUSÝ, Martin: Architektúra na Slovensku 1945 – 1975. Bratislava, Pallas 1976. 288 s., tu s. 196, 202.
DULLA, Matúš – MORAVČÍKOVÁ, Henrieta: Architektúra Slovenska v 20. storočí. Bratislava, Slovart 2002. 512 s., tu s. 228, 435.