Pavilion-formed primary school in Bratislava-Petržalka
science and education
Záporožská 8, Bratislava
1959 – 1961
This 24-class pavilion-formed primary school, also of the ‘Bratislava type’ is situated in the suburb of Petržalka. Lying on a flat site, the school complex is founded upon five buildings: two three-storey main school pavilions with deep transverse-positioned classrooms arranged along a vertical communication core. All of the classrooms have cross-lighting through the corners. As well, the complex includes one two-storey administrative block with the school kitchen, a two-storey pavilion for specialised classrooms and a gym. Connecting the individual pavilions is an open pergola corridor. The pavilions have masonry walls with prefabricated ceiling slabs.
ŠVANIGA, Juraj: Typizačná úloha pavilónových škôl. Projekt 2, 1960, 1, s. 2 – 5.
ŠVANIGA, Juraj: Pavilónová škola v Bartislave. Projekt 6, 1964, 10 – 11, s. 226 – 228.
SZALAY, Peter: Architekt Vladimír Dedeček. Architektúra & Urbanizmus 39, 2005, 3 – 4, s. 127 – 148.