Administrative and residential building of Coburg metalworks
Klemensova 19, Bratislava
Theiss Siegfried, Jaksch Hans
The building makes a traditional impact, the facade is partitioned by decorative framing with small window openings. The elevated volume is closed by a high mansard roof. The first two floors were originally occupied by offices, the others were apartments. Later, the entire building was transformed into administrative rooms, thus achieving a relatively cramped and confusing arrangement of the interior spaces. At present, the building houses the institutes of the Slovak Academy of Sciences. The origin of the building is still reminded by a figural sculpture with a motif of mining and blacksmithing above the portal.
SCHWALM-THEISS, G.: Theiss & Jaksch, Architekten 1907 – 1961.
DULLA, Matúš – MORAVČÍKOVÁ, Henrieta: Architektúra Slovenska v 20. storočí. Bratislava, Slovart 2002. 512 s.
End of content