Maria mill in Sládkovičovo
Košútska 969, Sládkovičovo
Ján Tomaschek z Nitry
1912 – 1928
In 1912, a mill complex was built on the fields near Sládkovičovo, which was named after Countess Mária Firman, mother of the director of the local sugar mill Karl Kuffner. The mill bears a strong message of the owner's prosperity, who had it built as a representative building, despite the fact that it was a purely industrial, functional object. The mill consists of the mill house itself, a grain cleaning house, a corn grinding plant and a warehouse with a transformation station. The site also included a flour warehouse, a clerks' residence, an administration building (1946) and a silo (1963). The main building on the site is the mill itself with a T-shaped ground plan. The dominant feature is the stair tower, which carries the water reservoir and is topped by a tall hipped roof. The facade is composed of distinctive elements of masonry on the lesenes and cornices and a crown cornice with dentils. These details on the facade, interspersed with plastered areas, make the massive building look smoother and reflect the entrepreneurial success of the Kuffner family, who founded a modern sugar factory in Sládkovičovo. A reinforced concrete silo, with a capacity of 17,000 tonnes and consisting of 18 circular cells with a diameter of 6 m, was also built next to the mill. The model design of the silo was created in 1959 in the Bratislava Potravinoprojekt under the direction of Pavel Fabián, and it was built in Sládkovičovo in 1963 by Stavoindustria Bratislava. The buildings still serve their original function.
BERAN, Lukáš - ZIKMUND, Jan: Pro zrno: obilní skladiště a sila 1898-1989. Praha, České vysoké učení technické 2018.
HALLON, Ľudovít - SUDOVÁ, Eva (ed.): Barón Karl Kuffner de Dioszegh a diószegský cukrovar. Preklad Hildegarda POKREIS. Sládkovičovo, Mesto Sládkovičovo 2009.
SUDOVÁ, Eva: Kuffnerovský hospodársky komplex. 1. Sládkovičovo, mesto Sládkovičovo 2012.
End of content