Mesačná 1, Trnava
pravdepodobne Július Sprentzl (medzivojnová etapa), Martin Plačko (prístavba 40. roky)
Pittel & Brausewetter, Ludevít Bartek
The oldest part of today's Figaro factory is the original premises of Adolf Fischer's chocolate factory, founded in 1905. At that time, the only competition was the Stollwerck brothers' company in Bratislava. Both plants later fell under the same brand – Figaro n.p. In Trnava, the factory grew in three distinctive stages, and so we can find a modern warehouse with a glossy prefabricated facade, a purely functionalist plant and also historicizing buildings from the beginning of production here. An interesting feature is the extension of the main building with its seemingly mansard roof, which is in fact a modern reinforced concrete shell from Pittel+Brausewetter from the 1920s. The energy core of the factory in the inner courtyard was built in the same period. The most interesting of the factory buildings is the atypical warehouse, with its concrete vaulted arch ceiling and distinctive strip skylights on the roof, which is characterised by 3.2 m cantilever canopies extending from the roof on both sides. The courtyard balconies and cantilevers appear on a number of the factory buildings and form a characteristic feature of the original buildings. In addition to the production buildings, Figaro also includes an administrative and social building and a residential building from 1921, designed by the Trnava architect Július Sprentzl.
BEŇÁK, Miroslav: Figaro, Fischerova továreň na čokoládu v Trnave. In: Sladké dedičstvo Trnavského kraja / Talamon, Lóránt [Zostavovateľ, editor]. – vyd. – Sládkovičovo (Slovensko), OZ Ponvagli 2018, s. 52-60.
End of content